Tablet closing down at high battery charge level - arrangement

nancy456

Tablet closing down at high battery charge level - arrangement

Postby nancy456 Tue May 02, 2017 10:05 am

I am posting this, planning to spare individuals who keep running into a comparative issue a touch of money.

Since as of late my tablet (HP 4520s) has been acting strangely, concerning it's battery – The charge pointers would express it's charged to around 80%, which is ordinary, however when I unplug the AC link and attempt to utilize it on battery pursue it would close in only a few minutes. Presently, I've once in a while utilized this tablet off AC, for a large portion of its life it has served me a moment desktop around my work area, for the most part for correspondence purposes while I am running full-screen applications on the desktop machine (recreations, and so on). I haven't tried evacuating the battery amid this time, realizing that it may be terrible for it yet trusting that makers have begun assembling better equipment and shielding the batteries from kicking the bucket.
At the point when as of late I expected to utilize the machine on battery power and it began closing down, my first contemplations were that the battery was dead. I figured the charge marker was most likely distinguishing false charge levels, in this manner keeping it from charge to full and after that clearly inciting the PC to auto-close down. I began taking a gander at substitution alternatives, however chosen to have one more go at google, searching for somebody with comparable issues. All I found was more signs of batteries being dead, continuously auto closing down at ever more elevated demonstrated charge levels… Then while jabbing around the power choices on my Win7, I saw something unusual – the Critical Charge Level setting was set to 98% ! The related activity, when the Critical Level was achieved, was set to rest, which is fine… What was not fine tho, was that I couldn't change the incentive on the Critical Charge Level setting. Clearly that was an issue, since generally the PC wouldn't charge more than 80% to help battery life, the practically moment auto close down abruptly appeared well and good. I did a brisk an inquiry on google on stuck basic power level setting in win7 and discovered this article - which discloses how to settle that specific issue. I won't re-post the arrangement here, since I have no credit for it, simply go and check it, it takes around 10 seconds to settle.
Since I've set the basic power level to a more sensible, 25%, level my issue is explained, and I didn't burn through 30-40 quid on another battery. I tried the PC, left it to "run dry" the battery and see when it will begin cautioning me and so on, everything appears to be fine (the release rate, and so forth). I have no clue what brought about this, I am 100% sure that when I initially purchased the portable workstation it wasn't that way. My most logical option is a windows refresh that messed things up. In any case, I am happy that there's a free and basic answer for the issue, and expectation other people who keep running into it will discover this post before they spend money on substitution batteries that won't tackle anything.
Asus Customer Support

Return to “Support”